Cooper Sloop 745
Pure pleasure - That’s how I would describe a morning on this Cooper Sloop 745. This boat is designed for relaxation and being social with friends. She’s perfect for morning trips to the beach or visiting your favourite coffee shop. This is a Dutch style day boat that is the kind of boat you see on the canals of Amsterdam and is perfect for exploring the bays and beaches of Sydney Harbour or other protected waterways.
Approximately two years ago I rescued her from a sorry state and have since restored and enjoyed the best summer of my life on this beauty. I’m only selling as I’ve found my next boat and can’t have both.
She’s perfect for taking out on your own or with a partner for a picnic. Groups of 6 - 8 people are possible too and very social with everyone facing each other and the bow sun lounging area providing ample relaxation space for 2 – 4 people.
With the new bow thruster, 29hp shaft drive Yanmar diesel and custom stern anchor system I can manoeuvre her right in close to the beach to deploy the anchor and literally step off the bow and onto the sand to get coffee. The boat has a full boat sun shade with removable poles but I’ve installed a classic umbrella which is more fun and a real conversation starter. There are two swim steps at the transom and a shower for washing yourself off after a swim and the overall theme of this boat is about simple pleasures. It’s not full of gadgets and instead she’s more focused on creating true relaxation and fun on the water as she’s very simple to operate and also to maintain.
7kts is her cruising speed and 5L of diesel will last you for the day. I didn’t install a fridge as that’s more complication I wanted to avoid and instead use the boat for visiting restaurants, cafes, friends on other boats or just a quick swim, coffee and sleep in the sun.
Like all boats she has a history and I believe at one point before my ownership she was submerged in a storm. The mechanics raised her the next day and flushed and ran the motor so after a full service and replacement of all the external parts she hasn’t missed a beat since. I then took it upon myself to project manage a top to bottom restoration with shipwright, electrician and mechanic involved. There are still more jobs I would do to the boat which I’ll list below but I’ve found my next boat (a sailing yacht) and want to buy it before someone else does.
- Yanmar 29hp (Hrs unknown – I’ve done 100hrs this season)
- Bow thruster
- Fusion Stereo with 4 speakers
- Teak decking and gunnels
- Full boat sun shade
- Stylish beach umbrella shade option
- Red Ensign for the stern
- Water tank and pressure shower
- Nav lights and courtesy lighting
- Bow sun lounging area
- Throw cushions for cockpit seating
- Stern anchor locker and installation for beach landings
- Separate engine and start batteries
- Solar & alternator charging
- Spray dodger frame and housing
- Antifoul – April 2022
- Hull Polish – April 2022
- Propspeed – April 2022
- Engine Service – Due in August 2022
- NEW wiring for the entire boat
- NEW control panel
- NEW dash
- NEW Fusion stereo with 4 speakers
- NEW water pump
- NEW stern shower
- CUSTOM stern anchor box installation
- NEW Nav lights
- NEW courtesy lights
- NEW Yanmar wiring loom
- NEW Yanmar alternator
- NEW hydraulic steering system
- NEW Victron solar controller
- NEW house and engine batteries
- NEW teak on engine box
- NEW through hull raw water intake fitting
- NEW bilge system with two pumps
- NEW phone charging
- NEW drink holder at helm
- NEW beach umbrella installation at helm or bow
- NEW throw cushions for cockpit
- NEW Stern cleats
- NEW bow thruster with controller
2022 JOBS NEXT JOBS DUE
- Engine service (Due August)
- Replace one steering hydraulic hose that I accidentally broke and have temporarily fixed
- Some re-corking of the teak gunnels
- One more gauge to fit at the dash
Currently she has a removable tarp style cover that keeps most of the rain out and the bilge pumps sort out the rest.
I’m continuing on with the above jobs as I still use and enjoy the boat. I’m just listing it for sale now as I’ve found the next boat and want to buy it before someone else does.
If you’re looking to get some real relaxation and enjoy a lot of fun on the water at minimal expense then this could be a great boat for you.
We Sell Dreams!
Phone us at 02 8970 9185
Email us at email@example.com